Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks!
In home staging, every now and then a home comes along with a bright and bold style. What do you do when painting isn't an option?
Rule of thumb in interior design is to honor the architectural elements in the home. Architectural elements are the exclusive details and elements that, together, form the architectural style of a house. Essentially, these are the things that can not be moved or changed. In this home Design Allure planned to honor the color of the walls with simple accents in an effort to compliment the colors of the walls, rather than compete. Check out our article on the principles and elements of interior design here.
Stepping into the foyer, to the right you are greeted with an open dining room. This space is large and spacious. The walls are a beautiful Sundance yellow, with red silk custom drapes the seller generously is selling with the house. We decided to compliment these drapes with a distressed Tolix style dining chair and 2 beautiful upholstered chairs on the ends of the dining table in order to create visual interest. Adding the sheepskin throws for additional texture. The art work compliments the colors of the Persian rug as well as the colors of the home creating balance and harmony in the space.
1. PRO TIP: If your dining room is dark, bring in the light! If there is at least one wall of windows hang a mirror on the opposite wall to reflect natural light when staging the space. Placing a pair of tall, skinny lamps on a buffet table with a mirror hung above will make your dining room glow! Mirrors can be heavy and with these beautiful plaster walls we didn't want to chance it as we are not the owners of the space. Complimentary art in these spaces works great too! Check out our article on home staging tips you should know here!
We set the table with large, carefully chosen pieces for emphasis. We didn't want buyers to be distracted by small details. You want the table to look delightful and abundant, but not crowded. We added succulents inside the bowls as a special touch with charges to add additional emphasis and texture.
2. PRO TIP: In staging a home, a table setting contributes to the ambience of a meal. Setting the table for a staging is different than setting the table for a meal or a dinner party. The settings are allowed to be a little over the top. Check out our article in 5 interior design mistakes to avoid here.
To the right of the foyer , in the living room we balanced the red drapes by brining in subtle complimentary colors with accent chairs and decor such as the vase you see. We used the industrial style shelving units to create an open feeling in the small small space. Recessed can lighting brightens this space so additional lighting was not a priority. The neutral love seat was key in this space.
3. PRO TIP: When listing a home, smaller pieces can create a feeling the space is larger than it is. This is crucial in listing photos because these are prospective buyers first impressions of the home.
The burlap rug centers and warms the space while also separating it from the dining room. The bench, sofa and accents chairs show prospective buyers how many people can be hosted at one time in the space.
4. PRO TIP: For small homes, maximizing space is important but don't go too over the top! A cluttered home that you cant move around comfortably will likely turn perspective buyers off.
5. PRO TIP: In styling the coffee table for a staging its important to keep the display balanced. Nothing makes for a cluttered surface faster than a large collection of small knick-knacks. In contrast, displaying only large items can look excessive and awkward. To keep your coffee table balanced, vary the scale of display items and stack or group like objects together. Adding organic elements such a floral displays adds visual interest.
In the bedroom you are greeted with a beautiful blush paint on the walls making this space trendy and bright. The space was small so we staged it with a full size bed in an effort to have a nightstand on each side. The wicker chests offers texture in the space and the artwork compliments the colors of the walls as well as the decor. We compliments the walls with bedding and throw pillows in a subtle way so as not to lose emphasis.
6. PRO TIP: Warm your bedroom with an accent rug. It provides contrast while also separating the space from the desk.
The desk can be used as a desk or a vanity. We decided to leave that up to the imagination of the prospective buyer. With simple accents and a black Tolix style chair for contrast agains the sheepskin rug the space is fresh and balanced.
7. PRO TIP: When choosing art for your wall, the artwork should be ½ – ¾ the width of the selected space. This is especially true when you are hanging art over a piece of furniture or above a fireplace. Interior designers abide by the principle in an effort to create harmony and balance.
In this purple room we couldn't help but embrace the idea of a girls room! We brought in complimentary bedding with a subtle print for texture and throw pillows for contrast. The turn out was fantastic!
8. PRO TIP: In small 2 bedrooms houses like this adorable SE Bungalow, its important to attract the first time homebuyer. First time home buyers often are thinking about or have already started a family. When debating an office or a bedroom, if there are only 2 bedrooms, consider staging a kids room.
SHARING IS CARING
VIEW OUR LATEST BLOGS POSTS
Get the latest updates on new & hot trends, tips & tricks and our latest projects!
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! Best Home Staging Tips to Sell your House Fast Ever tried to list your home on the market to find that months go by and not a single offer came in? Many have been there and it’s difficult when you don’t know…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! SHERWIN WILLIAMS 2018 COLOR OF THE YEAR Now that the new year is here we are seeing new and trending paint colors featured everywhere. There’s not time like the present for giving our home a fresh look. At Design Allure, we believe…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! SHOP THIS LOOK FARMHOUSE TRENDS OF 2018 cLICK THE LINK BELOW TO VIEW PRICING Carolina Accents Belle Meade Arm Chair Natural Slatted End Table with Shelf, White Woven Bucket Basket Boxwood Ball Topiary 1-Light Standard Bulb Table Lamp in Beige Almond…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! SHOP THE LOOK Shop our favorite Houzz finds as of late! Enjoy shopping this contemporary master bedroom! If you have a ton of design ideas for your home but not sure where to start? Our Online Interior Design services might be the…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! 5 Interior Design Mistakes to Avoid We’ve all been there – You find something at the store and you think to yourself, “This is going to look amazing in my living room and I HAVE to have it!” Then you bring this…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! 5 HOME STAGING TIPS & TRICKS YOU SHOULD KNOW Highlight your homes best features and guarantee a pool of prospective buyers with these helpful home staging tips! This newly remodeled home has character and beauty all wrapped up in the best…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! Interior Design, Fall Design, Home Staging, Holiday staging, Design Allure, LLC . – Blog – Your Guide to Fall Decorating YOUR GUIDE TO FALL DECORATING 10 Tips to Embracing the Seasons Changing Indoors With the seasons changing you may have noticed that…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! PRINCIPLES & ELEMENTS OF INTERIOR DESIGN This article features a series of the various elements and principles of interior design. These are essential methods and tools for designing a space in order to ensure a well balanced design. Some of the…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! Highlight your homes best features and guarantee a pool of prospective buyers with these helpful home staging tips! Staging Design – SE Portland Delight! HOME STAGING – SE PORTLAND DELIGHT 8 Ways to Guarantee a Pool of Prospective Buyers with These Helpful…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks! In home staging, every now and then a home comes along with a bright and bold style. What do you do when painting isn’t an option? Rule of thumb in interior design is to honor the architectural elements in the home. Architectural elements are…Read More
Stay up to date on the latest trends and helpful tips & tricks!
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Get the latest updates on hot trends, tips and tricks and short stories of our projects!